Sunday, July 19, 2009

Since the coaching session

Finally I’m here!

I played some sessions since my last (stats) update but I don’t want to talk about my pre Steve hands. Forget those times! Today I’ll give you some details about the eye opener coaching session and my play since then.

First of all Steve found my biggest leak: the aggression - which I didn’t have. My pre flop play was OK, but after that? Oh God, hard to talk about it… If I had nothing, I ch/folded, I played so passively post flop - you’ll see my AFq and the other stats immediately. And when I had something I bet and the opponents folded, except when they had me, in those cases I loose my whole stack.

And that was the reason of my frustration. With my 17-18% VPIP I’ve played good hands (usually better then my opponents) and wanted to win as expected, which is great but I couldn’t fold them when it was reasonably. Then I felt myself really unlucky and start to hunt the enemies which means I made more and more mistakes.

So I need to go back to the basics, learn the TAG style, especially with the “AG” part of it. But I need to take the control on it and not going to be an aggro monkey. Anyway, “an aggressive fault is always better then the passive one!”

Let’s see the old stats!



(Interesting - there are some differences between the PT3’s and the HEM’s stats… and I don’t know why)

As you can see, these are not the optimal stats, especially the steal, af, wsf and cbets. All of them are too low. The AFq is interesting, that was less then 30% in HEM if I remember correctly.

My old graphs



This is a typical break even player’s graph. I hate it…

And my old positions play



I played too tight from late positions and so bad from the blinds.

That's enough. I don’t want to see them anymore! The stats already told you everything.


The old rotyi has gone. Welcome the new one!

Stats



Actually I had only one and half sessions since then, so it’s a very small sample size. That means exactly 999 hands. But you can see some changes. I still have many-many faults of course, but I’m trying to focus on Steve’s advices. Just step by step.

Positions



1st: cbets every flop from positions!

2nd: steal the blinds more often!


3rd: don’t make fancy plays!


I think if I’m using my table and seat selection method which is not that bad and working on these 3 points I’ll be the guy who nobody likes at the table on this level.

Graphs



By the way I had only one huge SD loss ($27.12 = 108.48BB) with KK from the BB vs AA (BTN) and A2o (SB) pre flop ai…


New sessions, observations and hands will come later today or tomorrow – I hope so! :-)

Cheers guys

1 comment:

  1. I am guessing that the AFq stat in PT3 includes pre flop aggression, hence why it is higher. The stat I was using in HEM was post flop aggression pct.

    ReplyDelete