Sunday, December 5, 2010

My very first Rush Day

The last couple of weeks weren’t as good as I’d like to at NL50. I lost a little confidence in my game. You know since I’m full time and need to cash out monthly the pressure is there and hard to avoid it.

Anyway, when my wife is here all day long (weekends and holydays) it’s hard to find perfect time to play. She doesn’t want to disturb me but she can’t be as quiet as I need to. This is not her fault at all, so no hard feelings.

I tried this rush game on Full Tilt yesterday. There was a little fear since my friend lost a lot there a few days ago. To minimize the variance and the risk I chose NL10 FR for my first shot.

Some thoughts:
  • ftp-s are coming as fast (in time) as at NL50 SH regular games - 2tabling both
  • at NL10 the average opponent is very bad and easy to play against
  • in my experience in FR rush games there are not too many reasons to steal and save the blinds with questionable hands or any two: I mean with quick fold I can easily got another 3 or 4 hands in a couple of sec and that seems much better for me than waiting for my turn on the BTN or on the CO with marginal or worse hands
  • so I think a tight but fast game is the best choice in this game at this level – SH or higher level must be different I’m sure
  • because the game is fast and I had as many hands in one day as in one week at NL50 I had a lot of good cards, it’s easy to waiting for them and avoid risky plays
  • this game is fun – I’ve laughed a lot about it, even when half (or less) stacker got lucky vs me a few times which is not my normal reaction at NL50 :-)
  • without table and seat selections, stats, game flows and histories this game is a little bit stupid, level 1 or maximum level 2
  • danger: rush poker is like a narcotic, hard to finish it when you are in rush. you know, just one more hand! and one more and one more and…
Okay my sample size is very little, only one day and 3296 hands. My thought could be different after a bigger one. We’ll see. And I’m sure that a downswing can hurts a lot so the risk is there, especially for an emotion (pathetic :-P) type of guy like me.

My hourly win rate was much better than an average at NL10 I think – for me of course
 

Graph from yesterday

 
And some stats


My plan is to play rush when I have less time or conditions are not optimal, that means usually weekends and play my standard game on my working days. I need to be careful with this rush game because I don’t want to change my main game and be a level 1 thinking player again.

Results

FT:  53.14

BR
FT: 2044.24

No comments:

Post a Comment