Monday, October 19, 2009

Still breakeven with some faults and unlucky hands

Originally I wanted to go up to NL50 in this month. When I started to play after the 3rd coaching session everything went well and I thought I’m ready for the next step. Honestly I’m still feeling that, but my BR is so thin and I need to pay for the HEM and for the next coaching session, so this step recedes away.

After a few thousand hands I was up and I had huge self-confidence, I felt that the world is mine. Then I made some mistakes plus I’ve paid off same luckfest guys too - you can see that in my EV graph.



My river play - which was the main question in the 3rd coaching session - is still not as good as it needs to be, so I need to find the way to fix it and build it up. Sounds very easy, but trust me, it’s not that.


Oh, about the next level and the next step! I don’t want to go in the deep sea without any help and any background. When I’ll move up I’ll have a huge DB on that level, and I think the first few sessions I’ll open up just one or two NL50 tables and 3 or 4 NL25 just for the safety’s sake…

We’ll see. I need to talk about it with my coach before.

1 comment:

  1. The big mistake here would be for running bad to turn in to playing bad through frustration, losing patience etc. You could have played each hand the same and won between 0 and 10+ buyins and this time you are the unlucky one. That will not always be the case.

    Trust your game, eliminate mistakes where possible, and variance will work itself out for you :)

    ReplyDelete