If you remember I wrote my first post after the coaching intro session about Steve’s job, I mean how he opened my eyes and showed me my weaknesses etc.
I played thousand hands just after that session and I played the style what he asked me for. And that was so cool. I really loved that type of play.
But after that I started to change to my old weak style and I didn’t know why. Session after session - step by step - I went back to my full of fear and passive game and start to lose again. So I closed my eyes...
And when I felt “that’s enough I’m weaker then every before”, I wrote a mail to Steve again to asked another coaching session. Then he answered to me this:
“I really think you need to stop being so focused on short term results. Losing a session should not make you feel so bad because you will lose almost half of your sessions as standard!”
You know what, he is right again! I’m still too result oriented but there is something else which he has no chance to see. Honestly I did a bad job, after that first 1k hand I felt that, “oh this is easy, I already know how to play in this way” and didn’t work enough hard on my play. I didn’t reviewed my whole sessions just the huge losses.
After his mail I thought that I need to make a huge step. If I don’t then poker will be just a hobby for me and nothing else...
So I reviewed my first session and realized that how different I played when I remembered Steve’s advices. So I made some notes about that and tried to use it. And it works! Okay, I know it’s just another short term (2,5 k hands) but I don’t let it go away - again.
One more thing: I’m reading Schoonmaker’s Your Best Poker Friend (thanks for pocketfish007)! It’s simply awesome! I hope that this book will be a huge help for me, because I don’t want to be my worst enemy anymore.
Cheers guys!
ps: stats and hands are coming soon
No comments:
Post a Comment