Monday, July 13, 2009

Two days off and an acceptable comeback

We had two days off and we travelled a lot with my wife. That was a great time - have fun and 'notthinkingaboutpoker' or everything else. I think that was necessary for me after the last few sessions when I messed up everything.

Anyway, I came back with fresh mind and I feel that I’m re-energized.

I played last night again and after several 23/19 type of sessions (with a lot of random aggressions which I couldn’t handle) finally I played tighter and calmer again. I tried to focus on myself and find my game again. Something maybe happened on our weekend ‘cause I was well relaxed and satisfied – thanks for the beautiful places and for my lovely wife. No, she is not behind my back… :-)


Here are my general stats from this session.



I’m not happy with all of them and I know this is not the way how I need to play in the future if I’d like to make my dreams, but I need the coach to build my game up. I’ll write a mail to him tonight, right after this post.

Actually my vpip and pfr are too low, just as my steal attempts (this one was 40+ in the last 2 or 3 weeks) – but I can say that: this is just short term :-P

I think the aggression and the 3bet were both enough.


And here are the graphs


Honestly I don’t like them too much. There is no consistency, it’s just another rollercoaster, but I didn’t lose at the end. There were losses and wins where my move were correct and others where weren’t. I’ll show them immediately.


AJs vs ATo



Bad move pre flop – he bets from MP not from UTG. I was too passive on that street. This is a ‘must to raise’ hand. On the flop, when he called my raise I realized that he has some kind of hand, actually I put him on AT+ or TT+ and 88 (remember, I didn’t 3bet pre flop). On that turn I didn’t want to let this hand go, that’s why I’ve bet again. Maybe the 2/3 pot was too much. I don’t know. I’m not so proud of this hand.


AKo vs AA



I think I didn’t have too much choice here. He was 60/20 (okay, I had only 10 hands from him at this point). After his light 4bet (not an all in) with that stack I was sure that he has JJ+, AQs+ or AK. And I think that after I already invested $3.25 in this hand this call was mandatory.


My lucky one - AKo vs QQ



PokerStove says everything: he was the favorite 69-31… By the way I’ve made some notes about that pre flop call with QQ from SB…


And I’d like to introduce yesterday’s weirdest board



He was a 93/21 drunker and I was just 4/4 (because of him on my left) at this table.


One more thing!

I stole a couple of ‘meters’ from pocketfish007 and Mr Fickle… So my 4TABLESMAXOMETER is 1 just as my NOLOOKSTREAKOMETER. I’m very happy with these results right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment